To start collecting data for the Process Axis, you must configure an integration and link it to the project. You only need to add the integration once to connect it to multiple projects, allowing you to evaluate different teams.
To set up a Jira integration
- Select the project for which you want to start collecting data.
Psst! If you haven't added your project yet, do that first!
- Access the Process section, and click on Link an integration.
- In the window that opens, click Add an integration.
- Select the Jira option, then click Next.
- A window will open. Enter your Jira login information.
- The Integration name helps you recognize this integration later. This name will only be displayed on the Settings page.
- The Email is the email address for the user with rights to the project. For example, if we enter John Smith's email address, we are looking to log into that account with the same permissions as John Smith.
- The API key is a key created in the Jira user profile settings.
To do this:
- Go to Jira
- Locate and click on your avatar, then "Manage Account".
- Go to the "Security" section, and click on "Create and manage API tokens".
- Click on "Create API token" and name this key.
Psst! Keep a note of the name and the token generated.
- Enter the generated token in Axify's API Key field.
- The URL is the base Jira site we want to connect to. For example, we could have https://nexapptech.atlassian.net. Avoid adding a forward slash (/) at the end of the URL.
Once the fields are completed, click on Add Jira Integration.
That's it! Your Jira integration is set up and ready to be linked to your project to start collecting data!
Psst! Depending on the volume of data, the synchronization of the Process Axis can take several minutes or even several hours in the most extreme cases. Also, note that the deletion of data (items or columns) results in the loss of this data in Axify, i.e. this element will no longer be considered in the various metrics of the Process Axis.