To start collecting data for the Process Axis, you must configure an integration and link it to the relevant project. You only need to add the integration once to connect it to multiple projects, allowing you to evaluate different teams.
Note that, in order for the Daily Digest to function optimally, it is recommended to link the integration to a team rather than a project.
To set up an Azure DevOps integration
- Select the project for which you want to start collecting data.
Psst! If you haven't added your project yet, do that first!
- Access the Process section, and click on Link an integration.
- In the window that opens, click Add an integration.
- Select the Azure DevOps option, then click Next.
- A window will open. Enter your Azure DevOps login information.
- The Name of your integration helps you recognize this integration later on. This name will not be displayed anywhere other than the Settings page.
- The Name of your Azure DevOps organization must be the same as the one specified in Azure DevOps itself.
- The Personnal Access Token must be generated beforehand directly in the Azure DevOps settings. You can refer to this official Microsoft help article for more information on this topic. Just make sure you allow read access to the "Analytics" and "Work items" options, which are required to synchronize data to Axify.
To do this:
Go to Azure DevOps
Go to user settings (silhouette icon in the upper right corner)
Select the Personal access tokens option at the bottom of the list
Click on + New Token.
Psst! It is not possible to display an existing PAT. Therefore, if you have private internal documentation where the PAT can be stored, it may be good to keep it as a note there. Also, since the PAT has an expiration date, it is advisable to select the longest period possible (i.e., one year) and schedule a reminder to update it (in your or the team's calendar). At the time of the update, you will simply need to unlink the existing integration, generate a new PAT in Azure DevOps and re-link the integration. Don't worry; the data synchronization is retroactive, meaning that data synchronized in the past is still accessible in Axify.
- Add the generated PAT in the Personal access token field.
Once the fields are completed, click on Add Azure DevOps Integration.
That's it! Your Azure DevOps integration is set up and ready to be linked to your project to start collecting data!
Psst! Depending on the volume of data, the synchronization of the Process Axis can take several minutes or even several hours in the most extreme cases.